How do attendees get captions/translations on smartphones?
Q: How do I share the mobile link with the audience so they can access captions and translation?
A: The audience can access event captions and translations by scanning a QR code or visiting a link on their smartphones.
To provide the QR code
- Click on your session in the Sessions homepage
- Locate the QR code image in the session editor (see the top right hand corner)
- Right click the image and save it to your computer
- Print it out for attendees to scan easily (note: they must open a QR code scanner app on their device to use this functionality)
To provide the event link:
You can share a session-specific URL or you can share a stable URL that can change which session it leads to.
- For the session-specific URL, follow the same instructions above to locate the QR code and find the session-specific URL below the QR code. Click here for further information on the session-specific URL.
- For the stable URL, follow the steps below.
- Visit yoururl.spf.io/z, where yoururl is replaced with your customized URL.
- The event link should lead to the mobile view of the last created session. If the link doesn’t lead to the session you want, follow the instructions about setting the /z shortcut.
- Share the event link with attendees. Find out how to get a printable poster with the link here.