Setup for Each Session – Release Prepared Translation
- You can use either the Operator view or the Speaker view to release prepared content.
- Operator View: Prepared documents assigned to the session appear on the right hand side. Click on the document title to view the content. Click on a line and press the “tab” button release it. Associated translations will also be released at the same time.
- Speaker View: Tap on the “>” to release the lines.
- Release slides in the Projector Controller. Tap on the “<” or “>” button to display the slides.
Setup for Each Session – Deliver Translation for Unprepared Content
- Announce to your audience that captions and translation will be available, accessible via the projector screen and/or via the mobile link (depending on how you have chosen to setup spf.io at your venue).
- Visit the “Setup at Venue” post for help locating your session’s mobile link
- Open the Operator view and turn on the captioner in spf.io so it begins to listen to the microphone audio and begins generating raw captioning in real-time.
- Operate spf.io in the Operator view throughout the event.
- Release each complete sentence by placing the cursor at the end of the phrase and pressing “enter”.
- Add punctuation as needed.
- If the captioner appears to get stuck, turn it off then turn it back on to reset it.
- Disable the captioner when music is being played or when no one is speaking.
- Monitor the automatic translation output on the mobile audience view.
- At the end of the event, turn off the captioner.