This video explains how spf.io integrates with a Youtube Livestream so that automatic captions or translation appear in your live video, directly in Youtube’s interface! This utilizes Youtube’s caption ingestion URL.
1. Prepare a Youtube Livestream on your channel.
2. Enable Closed Captions and copy the caption ingestion URL.
3. In spf.io, create a session and paste the caption ingestion URL under Resources > Endpoints. Be sure to paste it into the language channel you want to show in the livestream.
4. Enter spf.io’s Operator view, set it up for Auto Caption & Translate and enable the microphone. Begin speaking.
5. Check the livestream to see the captions or translation appear with “cc” on. There will be a few seconds delay between your speech and when the captions/translation appear in the Youtube Live.
It’s as easy as that!
Did you know our software can also help you caption and translate pre-recorded Youtube videos on your channel? Find out how here.